The Streetgames team and our players have a bunch of exciting ideas and are going to be starting up an online group to stay connected – we want you to tell us what platform this group will be best on (facebook discord insta snapchat??) We’re launching a poll on our socials on Monday which you can respond to, or you can message us or comment below!
We also want your ideas for online programs we can do! Examples include home challenges, yoga/workout/dance sessions on zoom together, live demos, weekly videos, there’s so much that can be done online! Tell us what you want to see!
Remember, we’re doing it for everyone’s health and safety- this is a time to band together and support one another. We know this is likely a stressful time, and we are here for you!
Reach out to us via fb/insta/email/website, and also make sure to look after mental health during this time:
We’ll be at the Traralgon East Community Centre // Priestly Park every week with social volleyball, soccer, and dodgeball for teens and young adults! (plus there will be a bunch of sidegames if these aren’t your thing)
WHAT IS LATROBE STREETGAMES? Latrobe Streetgames is about getting out, having fun with your mates, and getting active.
• It’s totally free
• No booking required (except for Skateclub)
• No fancy uniforms or equipment required
• A good place to hang out, have a go, and meet other teens and young adults!
WHAT LATROBE STREETGAMES IS NOT?
• We’re not about skills and drills, no matter what your skill level you can come and join in, feel welcome, and have fun
• We’re not high pressure and we’re not a competition (friendly competition is fine if that’s your thing, but it’s not about winning or losing to us)
• We’re not a boot-camp (if you get fitter great, but it’s primarily about having fun and connecting with friends)
• We’re not about overdoing it (if you like to go all out that’s totally fine, but we encourage you to pace yourself and we take regular breaks as a group- we want you to be able to move the next day haha)
We strive to choose locations and styles that are as accessible as possible, and our coaches are welcoming to all groups, including people who are LGBTIQA+, culturally and linguistically diverse people, those living with disabilities, and heaps more. For more accessibility information about your town’s event please get in touch!
Check out our website @www.latrobestreetgames.com.au, facebook @Latrobe Streetgames, or instagram @latrobestreetgames for more information! We can’t wait to see you at one of our events!
***If our events are outdoors and we don’t have a suitable indoor backup location (see above ‘about’ info to check) we use weather forecasts to tell if an event goes ahead of not. If the weather forecast is poor, make sure you check back to the event or page, or contact us the morning of the event day to check whether or not it is going ahead.
Made possible by Gippsport and Latrobe Health Assembly, working together in the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone